Hardwood floors are almost universally loved. Whether your floors are old or new, light or dark, people love the warmth and natural beauty of hardwood floors. Here at KLK Cleaning Services, we want to help ensure that you continue to love your floors for many years to come, and that includes informing you on the basics of how to care for them. Here are a few dos and don’ts that you can follow in regard to hardwood floor cleaning.
For hardwood floors, DO:
- Use prevention cleaning tactics like rugs or carpets, especially in entryways.
- Keep trays for wet boots and shoes near the door.
- Sweep or vacuum before you mop.
- Use cleaners that are designed for wood floors, such as microfiber mops.
- Only use a small amount of liquid cleaners. The mop or rag should be damp, not wet.
Keep these DON’TS in mind:
- Don’t forget to spot check new cleaners. If you’ve never used a cleaner before, try it in a small, inconspicuous space before using it all over your floors.
- Don’t use cleaners meant for tile or vinyl– they will be too harsh for your wood floors.
- Don’t leave water or spills to sit. These can damage the finish and soak into the wood, causing it to swell or split.
If you have hardwood floors that you want to keep in great shape, our team would love to ensure they are always clean and tidy with our hardwood floor cleaning options. We offer a variety of floor cleaning services, including hardwood floor cleaning for both commercial and residential properties. We would love to help you. For more information, please give us a call today.